At Lasnek Ltd we are committed to ensuring and protecting your personal privacy, at any time you are on our website or communicate with our personnel, and are in accordance with Data Protection Act 1998 or EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
1. Information We Collect From You
- Information you have actively provided in order for us to provide you, the customer with specific information or to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations.
- If you register for information, complete a purchase or by filling out a form that we can collect the information I.e. Completion of our credit application form for the purpose of processing orders using a credit facility.
- In some circumstances we may process information received through correspondence from any communications, such as email, website enquiry forms, and telephone calls or similar.
- Data can be collected and processed when our website is in operation by you and can include;
- Traffic Data
- Location Data and any other communication through our site.
These details come from your visit to our site and any services / resource tools you use while on the site.
- How We Use Your Data
- We are engaged in providing products and services to other registered companies and use personal data, such as email addresses affiliated to such companies, to manage accounts, process orders and payments.
- In order to fulfil our contractual obligations it may be necessary to share your data with third parties, i.e. freight companies or credit checking agencies. Lasnek does not sell or lease any personal data to any third party.
- We may use this personal data for the sending of legitimate interest communications, providing the rights of the individual are not overridden. i.e. updated commercial terms. You have the option to unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
- How We Store Your Data
- All personal data processed during past and present communications between us and you is stored on secure severs within the EEA (European Economic Area) and maybe used to fulfill our business needs, future communication or is required to meet any appropriate regulatory or legal obligation.
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are, unless otherwise instructed, are accepting that some data may be stored outside of the EEA.
- We undertake to take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- How We Secure Your Data
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected.
- Sharing Data With Others
- We may be required to share your personal with third parties during order processing. These will be partner companies required to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, they could include payment gateway providers, credit check agencies, government agencies or freight companies.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings and are complying with our legal obligations.
- Lasnek will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- Where any third-party data processors used by us, and that maybe be located outside of the European Economic Area ( EEA ), we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
- Controlling Your Data
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- You may opt out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive emails sent from our service provider, that maybe of legitimate interest, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included at any time. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Please note that you may still receive emails in order to fulfil a specific contract, commercial offer or technical request which has originated from you.
- If you would like to review, correct, update or remove Personal Data that you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by contacting us in writing providing the email address from which you have previously communicated to us from.
- We will endeavor to reply to your request within 14 working days stating the actions taken, balancing your rights and our legal lawful obligations.
What Is A Cookie?
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website.
- When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device using a session cookie.
- The cookie cannot be used to identify you personally but is used to make your experience on our site safe, authenticated and unique.
- Enabling a service to recognize your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one
- Recognizing that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are
- In addition to our session cookies (mentioned above) we also use Google Analytics to monitor our website statistics. Google Analytics sets session cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage - This to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast. For more information about Google Analytics visit Google Analytics website.
- The facts collected about you are statistical only. No identifying information will be shared about our visitors and how they made use of our site. No personal details will ever be shared
Removing and Disabling Cookies
- If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
8. Links To Other Websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
- Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
- You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of your personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
- If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.